What Everyone Should Know About Salt Lake City Attractions and Entertainment
What should everyone know about Salt Lake City attractions and entertainment? If you are planning a trip to Salt Lake City, then there are some basic and not so basic things you should know about Salt Lake City attractions and entertainment before you arrive.
- A lot of Salt Lake City attractions are closed on Sunday. Salt Lake City is the headquarters of the LDS (Mormon) Church and as such a majority of it’s people spend Sundays at church and at home or visiting friends and family rather than going to restaurants and other attractions. That said our Salt Lake City hop on hop off tours do run on Sundays and there are things for you to do on Sunday, you just need to plan ahead and be aware that not everything is open. If you are in doubt about whether or not a certain Salt Lake City attraction is open on Sunday, you will want to call and ask. Examples of attractions that are open on Sundays include movie theaters, most but not all restaurants, Temple Square and Red Butte Garden.
- Most attractions that are museums, libraries, gardens and similar things are closed by about 5 p.m. most days of the week. This is one of the reasons that our hop on hop off tours only run during the day and we do special group tours in the evening. Most of our tour sites are closed by 5 p.m. However, temple square stays open until 9 p.m. so you can visit it late into the evening.
- Need a Salt Lake City attraction to visit during the evening? Yes, there are other things to do that are not just movies and bars. Although we do have plenty of those as well. During the Summer there are lots of free and inexpensive concerts in the park. The Planetarium also has star shows for your amusement that run late at night. The Gallivan Plaza also has lots of free Jazz and other music concerts as well as an ice rink during Winter. In addition there are movie in the park events offered for free on most Fridays during the Summer season.
- While there are lots of Salt Lake City attractions that cost money, there is also a lot you can do for free. Salt Lake City has more free things than many large cities. Examples include Temple Square, the family history library, concerts in the park, the dress rehearsals and Sunday morning broadcast of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
- There are Salt Lake City attractions for people of all ages so don’t worry about coming as a group of adults, or bringing your children. Everyone will find something fun to do.