Are you looking for some great downtown Salt Lake City restaurants? If so you’ve come to the right place. There are lots of lots of downtown Salt Lake City restaurants yet some are better than others. So how do you chose the right ones. Here is a list of some of the best one based on reviews, award they’ve won and our own opinion.
1. Zest kitchen and bar. I can’t say enough about this place. It’s awesome. Although yes it is considered a bar which means that you must be at least 21 to enter. All of their food is gluten free and vegan and tastes amazing. You would never know that most of their food is gluten free and vegan. Their pizza and desserts are some of my favorite items. Located on 200 West and near 300 south, they are ideally located to most hotels as well.
2. From Scratch– A great fairly new restaurant, this place specializes in locally homemade food.
3. J Dawgs– a locally owned and operated place where you can find great tasting hotdogs and similar food items.
4. Vertical Diner- this great vegetarian restaurant has two different locations and has won several best of awards.
5. The Copper Onion- classic American fare- this place is always busy and serves great food.
6. Frida Bistro- this locally owned and operated Mexican restaurant is well worth a visit and the space is charming and has room for large groups as well.
7. The Tin Angel Cafe- a smaller and charming restaurant- this place is full of local charm including local art on the walls.
8. Avenues on Third Bistro- located on third avenue, this charming place serves local fare only on their ever changing menu that changes with the seasons.
9. Carnegie House Located inside the Peery Hotel this locally owned and operated restaurant serves a variety of different food items.
10. R and R Barbeque- A great locally owned and operated place for barbeque.