Are you looking for some activities for children in Salt Lake City? If so, you are in luck. Salt Lake City has a lot of activities for children and a lot of children to enjoy those activities. Here are 10 of the best and most fun activities for children in Salt Lake City and of course, you can always bring your children on a Salt Lake City sightseeing tour as well. Remember children under 6 ride free and we offer family hop on hop off tickets as well.
- Gateway- Children’s Museum– This is one of the best activities for children in Salt Lake City. You can get in to some parts of the museum for free and the rest that you have to pay for is really great. They also have visiting exhibits. Right now through September they are featuring a exhibit on China. You can also purchase an annual membership for even bigger discounts.
2. Clark Planetarium– Entrance to the museum portion is free and children can do fun activities like pretend to predict the weather and other astrology related things. The star shows and Imax theater shows are great.
3. Family History Library- Interactive Experience- The main floor of the LDS Church owned family history library has recently been remodeled and now offers a children friendly interactive experience with ipads. You can interact with the different displays and learn all about where you came from and your ancestors.
4. This is the Place Heritage Park- Milk a cow, pan for gold, ride a train, visit pioneer houses, do pioneer activities and lots of other fun activities for children. This is one of our stops on our sightseeing tour and is easily one of the top 3 stops on our tour.
5. Natural History Museum Visit what some people consider to be the best Natural History Museum in the country. Dig for dinosaur bones, visit specialized exhibits and much more. Entertaining and educational for people of all ages, not just children, this is easily our number one stop on our sightseeing tour.
6. Hogle Zoo What would a list of activities for children be without including the zoo? Children of all ages love animals and Salt Lake City’s Hogle zoo has some great ones as well as other fun animal and zoo related activities. Our bus tour stops across the street and within walking distance of the zoo.
7. Easton Archery Center Located by the Salt Lake International Airport, the Easton archery center hosts archery competitions but you can also schedule birthday parties, or bring your children there for some archery fun.
8. Utah Children’s Theatre Bring your children to see some plays or learn how to act at the Utah Children’s theatre.
9. Tracy Aviary Just like the zoo, you can bring your children to enjoy the birds of all kinds. Tracy Aviary is a fairly large aviary for a city the size of Salt Lake City. You can wonder around and see the various birds including a bald eagle and different kinds of owls. They also offer bird shows a few times each day.
10. Little Gym– Not a unique to Salt Lake City activity for children but nonetheless fun. You can take your little ones to the Little Gym for classes, or just some all around running around and burning off energy.
Did I miss anything really fun or awesome for children to do in Salt Lake City? Share with me in the comments and let me know.